How to Prepare Patients for Cosmetic Surgery
What Consent forms need to be signed, what medical tests and clearances are needed, Dietary recommendations, medications to avoid prior to surgery, preoperative medications that are needed and protocol for vital signs monitoring.
What instruments are needed for each type of Surgery
How to make strategic access incisions, learn to position the patient for safety & maximum effect, selecting the right instruments for the case and how to handle the cannula.
How to Perform In-office Cosmetic Surgery under Local Anesthesia
Hands-on training of how to perform safe and effective Cosmetic Surgery, so your patients get great results and so your practice thrives.
How to Manage the Postoperative Recovery Process
How to select and apply postoperative compression garments, common mistakes to avoid, the first 48 hours and when the schedule post-op appointments.
How to Manage Complications of Cosmetic Surgery
Identifying and managing hematomas & seromas, assessing and managing lumps & bumps, treating minor and major infections, dealing with skin necrosis, scar management, preventing & treating deep vein thrombosis & pulmonary embolism.
Detailed recommendations on operating room setup, equipment, setting prices, hiring the surgical team, what to pay the surgical team, introducing cosmetic procedures to your existing clientele, how to manage your cases.
How to Pick the Right Size, Shape & Pocket for Breast Implants
Learn to ask the right questions to avoid implanting the wrong sizes, how to measure the breasts for implant sizing, using sizer bras and sizer implants to eliminate guesswork.
At termination of course, attendees should possess the following knowledge:
- Introduction to Office Based Surgery under Local Anesthesia
- What instrumentation is required to perform in-office cosmetic surgery procedures
- Surgical Principles and Safety of Office Surgical Cosmetic Procedures
- Implementing In-Office Surgical Procedures: How to Set up the Office Surgery Suite
- OR Setup, Equipment, and Supplies
- Patient Selection and Consent forms that are needed
- Clinical Staff Training Requirements
- Tumescent Anesthesia Solution Preparation
- Preoperative Preparation and Medications
- How to mark the areas of surgery on the patient
- Preoperative and Postoperative Photography
- Hands-on: Technique of Tumescent Anesthesia Infiltration
- Live Hands-on Surgery on three patients, one per day
- How to avoid Complications of Tumescent anesthesia
- Postoperative Care and Recovery
- Surgery and comprehensive “Informed Consent.”
- Proper equipment for the different surgeries.
- Suture choices.
- Time estimation for the various procedures.
- Protocols, risks and choice of technique.
- Informed consent and documentation. Review of all pre-op and post-op instruction sheets and all other documentation forms.
- Interview process, exact procedure decision, discussion of post-operative recovery protocol and “informed Consent” with patient(s) to be operated upon.
- Discussion of post-op recovery protocol.
- Handling the Dissatisfied or Difficult Patient
- If necessary, when and how to revise.